Hong Kong waters are dirty.
How can we clean the dirty water by using biology? By clean we will be using the World Health Organisation's Guidelines for safe recreational water environments
level of intestinal enterococci per 100 ml
The level of toxic species of algae that occur in the marine environment
- We will test 5 marine species which are know for cleaning waterr
- all at the same maturity and
- the same amount of the species
- the same water from one large tank will be divided into 5 other tanks where the water amount will be equal
- equal amount of time will be given in this research
- 3 tanks of each species to get a good average
- water quality
- do we give breaks for the animla
- are they okay to stay in the environmentn
Experiment, Measurements, Observation (biology)
The species: Sponges, sea cucumber, mussels, oysters and Cleaner Shrimp or barnacles
we will measure the levels of pH, E.coli, toxic species of algae and intestinal enterococci before we put the species in. And we will measure the same things again after a certin period of time
We will draw a conclusion by making a table comparing how the levels of pH, E.coli, toxic species of algae and intestinal enterococci changed in each tank after the species where added. And we will see which species got the closest to the WHO standards.
Extrapolation and scaling of the solution
If we can find out which species does what well we could implement this around Hong Kong waters.